Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I'm still in hospital but hoping to escape on Friday when my IVs finish. My chest is much clearer now and the pain from port has settled. The only lingering problem is random nausea and sickness, which will seemingly clear up then suddenly reappear. Its something I need to get on top off, as I have already lost some weight and am in danger of being suspended from active transplant list until I put it back on. They are looking into possible causes and other medications I can take, so fingers crossed.



Now for story time. Are you all comfortable?




So there I am, lying in my hospital bed, wearing pyjamas (matching I believe) and tucked up under the covers. I was just dozing off when, out of the corner of my eye, I thought I saw something move outside the window. The fact I am on the 6th floor of a multistorey building made it quite unlikely there was anyone out there, so I closed my eyes and settled down again. A few moments later a noise startled me and I slowly open my eyes to see.....not one, but two window cleaner men outside my window. I couldn't believe it. I'm still recovering from the trauma of the window cleaner episode at home last week and the last thing I'm expecting is for them to visit me in hospital (especially on the 6th floor). I could have been in a state of undress for goodness sake..or even worse; perched on a commode. I did however manage to behave in a reasonable fashion and simply stared at the TV (although, again, it was not on) but at least I didn't leap out of bed and hide in the toilet. It just as well I didn't do the latter, because about 5 minutes later there was a small knock at the door and in strides the window cleaner (dressed all in black, and looking strangely like the milktray man,except instead of milktray he had a bucket and squeedgy). It was strangely surreal, lying tucked up in a hospital bed while a window cleaner squeedgies the inside of the windows...I've never seen anything like it. I have it on good authority that the hospital windows only get cleaned every 5 years and, yet, they still managed to pick the same week I was staying. Coincidence? I don't think so.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds sinister, I would be more inclined to believe that you are under some sort of surveillance....those were not window cleaners....it was 'The Man'/'Big Brother'/'The All Seeing Eye'.
The question now has to be asked, just what have you been up to?


Anyhoo, hope things pick up a bit soon.

Your Cuz - "Red Fox"...

Anonymous said...

At least he looked like the milktray man, a small thrill for you to ease the monotony of your hospital stay!
See you when your out!

Nicola said...

Oh Jac that really made me giggle.I'm so glad it didn't happen to me,I probably would just have closed my eyes to kid on I was asleep.I hope the nausea eases,I used to get it alot.I've had it for around 8 years,the only thing that has made a huge difference in the past few months is taking cyclizine daily.Hope your out and about soon,and that there are no lurking window cleaners ;)

Nicola x

Anonymous said...

lol thats really funny if kind of freaky too. the very idea of window cleaners in your room is bizarre.

hope you get on top of things wee one, nausea is one of the worst feelings ever. take care,
Fi
xx

Tinypoppet said...

They seek you out...! Keep on mending hon, hope that nausea goes soon, big higs xx

CB said...

I think 'Red Fox' is correct ;)

Did you know window cleaners have an 'inner ring'? It's like a window cleaner Illuminati. They help form and guide the future for all window cleaners. The irritating squeak noise you hear when they're doing the windows? Ultra sonic communication to their leaders.

They think you're a threat to their organisation and making sure you dont make any false moves. I'd take out the next one you see, if I were you. Wiggle their ladder a little. Teach them a lesson.

Then get a new identity and escape to a country with no windows.

Hope to see you out and about soon and that you're feeling better by the end of the week :) See you in a few days!

C-x-x-x-

Anonymous said...

I confess, It was me. I am the milktray man. Your mum asked me to keep an eye on you. She was concerned that you would climb out the window and down the drain pipe. I know you are wondering who I really am so here are some clues. More to follow later.
Clue No. 1 - Superman.
Clue No. 2 - Box Full Of Cuddles

Can you guess?