Wednesday, September 23, 2020

 Blogged too soon....!

I think I tempted fate by blogging this morning!  I had a phone call from the haem-oncologist this afternoon as my scan had just been reported.  It is still due to be discussed with team tomorrow but the bottom line is that the nodes have actually grown.  If they had showed even some reduction then we would have moved to the rituximab treatment, but since it's actually progressed then I will be getting rituximab alongside chemotherapy (this is called R-CHOP).  I was taken by surprise as I had managed to convince myself that I wasn't going to need chemo and that I was in fact imagining some of the pain ...wishful thinking!

As my health is just a tad complicated then I need to be inpatient for the first session - hopefully just for 2-3 days.  I would get rituximab infusion one day and then chemo the next.  I need a negative covid swab before admission so this is getting done tomorrow.....if that's clear then I'll be admitted to the Beaston on Friday to get started (as long as there is a bed).

I'm glad that things are moving swiftly but disappointed that the nodes haven't even shrunk a little with the reduced immunupression.  It does make me feel more anxious for the future but I know I can only take it one step at a time!   Unfortunately I wont be allowed any visitors this time, not even Andrew, so it will be very strange.  I'm pretty used to being in hospitals though and it wont be for long.

I'll post again once I know for sure things are going ahead.  I'm not going to read up on the chemo just now - I'll just try and get a good sleep and organise myself tomorrow.  Any recommendations for easy read kindle books and trashy netflix please send my way!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Today is Friday so here's hoping you tested Covid clear and are installed in hospital for your first treatment. If you haven't seen it before, try watching Schitt$ Creek - 6 seasons, 80 episodes all on Netflix.