Monday, October 29, 2018

Aftermath!

It's been 10 days since my last treatment now and I'm still exhausted.  In fairness the leaflet they gave me did say that the symptoms might be worse for couple weeks after finishing, as the radiotherapy is still acting.  I've still been having nausea and reduced appetite, with things tasting a bit weird, although this is maybe getting a bit better.  Still can't drink cappuccino though haha.

I'm still struggling with the fatigue.  This is the side effect that can last the longest - having spoken to a few people who've had the treatment, it's not uncommon to last a few months.  I've been trying to do a bit more (e.g took Seb along our street last night) but find that even small tasks take it out of me.  I'm also finding my concentration is poor.....as if my brain is tired and fuzzy.  I've not been meeting up with friends or family because of this, and feel quite happy just relaxing on my own at the moment.  I am hoping level of fatigue will start to dwindle soon, even if it might take longer to be back to 100%.

I am back in Newcastle on the 22nd November, although as I mentioned before, we expect the lung function to be down from last review in August.  Hopefully it will give us another baseline to work things out from, but the stabilisation might not be evident until well into the new year.

I'll keep on keeping on!




1 comment:

Karen East said...

Keep resting hon and don't push yourself too much. You're in our minds and prayers constantly xxxx