Monday, November 12, 2018

Slowly Slowly!

It's now just over three weeks post treatment.   Overall there have been some improvements in my energy levels - I haven't been napping during the day and sometimes making it past 8.30 before going to bed haha.

Unfortunately I've had a nasty cold virus over the past 10 days and it's taking a while to fully clear - which is not surprising given my immune system is suppressed.   Estelle had something similar for a couple of weeks so it's probably the same thing.  It's left me feeling a bit chesty at the moment and short of breath - so it's even harder to assess how I am overall.    It's horrible feeling short of breath though....brings back a lot of memories.   Hopefully it will clear up over this week and I will get a clearer idea of how things really are! 

I am however definitely doing more around the house and not feeling quite as brain dead.  Estelle announced that she thought I was getting a bit better, so I must be moving in the right direction :-)

Now I just need to be tip top for Christmas!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

43 more sleeps....

Glad things are improving albeit with a rotten lurgy hindering recovery. When you're back on good form we'll have to try and catch up for coffee/diet coke xx

Neil Inglis said...

Hi JAC.
I met up with Isobel Boyle, Carol McFarlane, and Margaret Shannon for a coffee, as is normal for recently retired workers, (apparently)
As you would expect, the conversation quickly turned to that place in Partick, we all know and adore and in conversation, I found out you were off sick.
I wasn't aware of this and saddened to hear.I just wanted to wish you well.
Isobel sent me a link to your blog, which I have read and found very moving, particularly, your tribute to your friend, Kirsty.
Having worked with you for many a year, (did we not do a joint visit when you first started?) I know you are someone who does not give up easily, I hope you will get on top this and I hope to hear soon that you are back in action in Partick after Christmas, cos I don't imagine wild horses could drag you back in over the festive period, if you had the slightest chance of a sick line.
Thinking of you, best wishes and good luck.
Neil (Inglis)