Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Happy new year!

2019 has been a year of ups and downs. I started it with great hope that radiotherapy would halt the rejection, but there was much disappointment in the first half of the year as lung function kept falling. I honestly wasn't sure I was going to still be here for 2020.  Then we had a wee miracle in the summer when my lung function seemed to stabilise.... And now had 4 months with no drop at all.  Whether it is related to the drug trial I started in February or just the natural course of rejection, which often stabilises at lower levels, I don't care.... As long as it stays where it is for a good long while!!

Despite the health issues we also had some amazing holidays. A lovely family trip to Majorca, a week with friends in center parcs and myself and Andrew had a great weekend in a treehouse for my 40th!! Both myself and Andrew celebrated 40th birthdays and 20 years together!

Estelle also had a big year... Leaving nursery and starting school. She is doing really well and we are so proud of her!

I made the big decision about not returning to work and this was hard to come to terms with, but will hopefully lend stability and less anxiety in this new year! It will allow me to focus on family without neglecting myself.

The lowest point of the year has not been health, but the loss of my best bud Seb.  Another blog still to follow about my wee boy. I will never stop missing him and his cute wee furry face.  I am so looking forward to Dexter coming though.... And the fact he's related to Seb is a big comfort.  It will be great fun getting to know his personality and quirks, and I have a feeling he'll be the highlight of my year!

So here's to a year of stability, good family fun, Estelle continuing to flourish and to furry friends 🥰

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New year and we hope it's a great one for you and Andrew and Estelle and if course wee Dexter!!!! He is sooooo cute and will bring much fun and happiness to you all. Of course we miss wee web but he would be so happy that his wee relative Dexter has joined the family!! We wish you all the happiness and health and love in the world. Keep on keeping on for 2020 love Anne and John and Ross xxxxxxxx