Thursday, October 29, 2020

 Mid Cycle

I have hopefully now passed the critical part of cycle where most at risk of infection (I'm scared to speak too soon!) so hoping it's smooth sailing until round 3 at the end of next week.  My mouth did become quite painful again but has eased up now - although I still can't taste anything which is frustrating.  I'm packing in the supplements though and think my weight has steadied out.

My CT scan was changed to next week, as the doctor felt it was too close to 2nd cycle so wouldn't have allowed enough time to see impact of that on the nodes.  It also would have fallen at my most vulnerable point and given the covid rates in Glasgow, it would have felt very risky going for scans at that time.  So the appointment is now on Tuesday.  I will have outpatient clinic on friday 6th before my chemo, although I don't know if the scan results will be available that early.   I must admit that I feel anxious even thinking about it!

I've been trying to keep myself occupied with some more crafting and some early Christmas shopping - I feel that need to be very organised in case I am unwell nearer the time!  It is going to be a very strange year for everyone with the covid situation.  I really can't see things improving much before Christmas so it might just be the three of us at home this year.   I can't take any risks travelling or breaking rules for the sake of one day.  My planned chemo would also be on 18th Dec, meaning that Christmas would fall at the time I would be most at risk of infection.  We will just have to see what happens and do what's best at the time.   There will be plenty time for celebrating when I recover from this and when covid is a more distant memory for us all.   Estelle will be happy as long as Santa knows where we are :-)

In other news, Andrew managed to break his big toe last weekend!  He was running up the stairs because Estelle was shouting from her bed - and cracked his toe into the stair.  I did feel very sorry for him as it did swell up immediately and went black and blue!  He has had it x-rayed and there is a wee fracture, but thankfully not needing any further treatment.  He has managed to hobble along to the bus stop with Estelle all week and it is starting to heal now.  Just what he needed in the middle of looking after both Estelle and myself!  Estelle thought it was a great story of course and has told everyone in her class (of course she has also told them all that I am bald!)

I'm feeling very tired now, which is exactly what happened at this time last cycle, so planning to just have a quiet week.   The school are having some halloween games tomorrow but unfortunately they can't go in fancy dress this year.  However she is planning to dress up at home and we will do some fun games with her - dooking for apples anyone?! 

I'll probably not update until after next chemo unless I have any news about my scan.

In the meantime, Happy Halloween.......!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Will be thinking of you as you have your scan today. Good luck!